Re: TCP Ports for listener

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:40:56 +0200

[Quoted] [Quoted] The official port for Oracle is 1521. When sqlnet 2 came into existence 1526 [Quoted] was promoted to make sure net 1 and net 2 coexisted. With net8 into existence the story repeats...
Note: If you have defined two ports in listener.ora, it will use the first [Quoted] one. So if you defined both 1521 and 1526 and have 1521 as first in rank, [Quoted] 1526 will not be used. This means clients with 1526 only, can NOT connect. [Quoted] Unless you are using two sqlnet products at the same time, you should use [Quoted] only one port.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA