Re: WebDB, no username/password

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:54:08 GMT

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 19:27:09 GMT, oracleuser_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>Is it possible to create a WebDB application that can be publicly
>accessed, i.e. without the need of username and password? If not, can
>the username and password be somehow programmed or included in a script
>scripted, so that the Web user has again public access to the
>WebDB form/report/etc.?

All you need to do is configure a Database Access Descriptor in your WebDB listener that has specified an Oracle User Name and Oracle Password.

If you go to http://<your_machine>:<your_portno>/admin_/gateway.htm, you'll see a number of DAD's which do not have a username and password specified, implying that the user will be prompted for proper database credentials. If you create a DAD and supply the username/password and then use this DAD, your users will not be prompted for their username/password. The WebDB component will execute as the user you have specified in the DAD.

Hope this helps.

>TIA.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 13:54:08 CEST

Original text of this message