Re: Designer RME-00011 error

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:40:01 -0700

Verna Legaspi wrote:

> More info... If I actually go into the Repository Object Navigator and try
> to create a new application... give it a name and try to click anywhere
> else... I get 4 more errors. But most of them are the same cause & action
> except the last one:
> RME-00020: Internal API error - ORA-06508: PL/SQL: Could not find program
> unit being called
> Cause: the API has detected an internal system inconsistency
> Action: Contact Designer/2000 Support.
>
> Again, hope someone can help, and thanks in advance!
>
> Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm a newbie in Oracle, and especially with Designer. I *think* I've
> > installed Designer 6.0 and the repository correctly, but perhaps I didn't,
> > I'm not sure. (At least I didn't get any error messages that I couldn't
> > recover from -- increase tablespaces) Before I just format my HD and
> start
> > the installation over again, I'd like to know if there was just something
> > I've missed.
> >
> > These are the errors I get when trying to create an "application system.":
> > RME-00011: Operation 'open' on ACTIVITY has failed.
> >
> > <Click MORE for some details:>
> > Cause: an API operation has failed for some reason.
> > Action: examine other reported errors for specific details.
> >
> > The only other error I get is:
> > RME-00011: Operation 'INS' on cj_application has failed.
> > <and I get the same cause and action messages as above>
> >
> > Anyone have any clues? Point me to the right direction, perhaps?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Verna

Verna, check wether all objects are valid, you can do that from the Administrator panel.
Also, if you use different users for Repository Owner and repository users, make sure the
[Quoted] users are: assigned the role of Manager (otherwise they cannot create appl. systems)
and reconciled.
[Quoted] If any invalid packages keep appearing, make sure the Repository Owner is granted
execute rights on SYS.DBMS_PIPE and SYS.DBMS_LOCK. These have to be granted directly, not via a role.

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
V&L Informatica BV                   Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500