Re: Serial Port and forms 5.0

From: Thomas Lutz <tom_at_taltech.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:00:36 GMT

I do not believe that Forms 5.0 can access the serial port directly however there is a good solution for what you want to do. The company that I work for sells a serial communications program called the Software Wedge that is designed for adding serial communications capabilities to other Windows applications. The Software Wedge is an executable program that can pass serial data back and forth to other programs using either DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) or by converting incoming serial data to keystrokes (i.e. it stuffs the keyboard buffer with the incoming serial data). The program is extremely easy to use and is designed to have you up and running sending and receiving serial data directly from within your application in just a few minutes.
Please visit http://www.taltech.com for more information.