Re: Can you associate associate a new recordgroup to a LOV?

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:20:49 GMT

Scott,

   Would it be acceptable in your scenario to build the record group for Publishers as:
SELECT rtrim(publishername) || ' ' || phone FROM publishers;
thus avoiding the number of columns returned issue?

Paul

[Quoted] In article <0KiL3.15011$w8.286667_at_wbnws01.ne.mediaone.net>,   "Scott Powers" <scottp_at_netzero.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to associate a new record group to a LOV
progmatically? Say
> a LOV is associated
> to a recordgroup called 'rec_bookname (select title from books). So
the LOV
> displays one column,
> title of books.....Now, is it possible to change the LOV to be
associated to
> rec_publisher (select publishername, phone from Publishers). So that
the
> LOV now displays 2 columns.....publishername, and phone.
> I was wondering about using SET_LOV_PROPERTY to change record groups
> associated with the LOV,
> but does that work if the two record groups return different number of
> columns?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Oct 17 1999 - 13:20:49 CEST

Original text of this message