Oracle installation problem

From: pokh <pokh_at_aha.ru>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 05:45:32 +0300

There is CD-ROM Oracle 8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.5.1.0 for Intel LINUX.
Starting install script, I've got an error message "file not found". After a few
time I concluded that the problem was in the '\r' (#13) code at the end of
all raws (DOS format) in addition to #10. I wrote a short program c.c

#include<stdio.h>
main(int par,char *para[])
{ char a;
  while ( (a=getchar())!=EOF ) if (a!='\r' ) putchar(a); }
and using bash command ./c.c <scriptname >newscript I've got script that works properly.

But while the Oracle RDBC installation process I've got an error message

"There are still sqadef<SID>.dbf files in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/ (/usr/oracle/dbs/)
This indicates that there may still be running instances. You must shut down
all database instances associated with this ORACLE_HOME before upgrading

the server."

But it is absolutely clear PC with only Linux installed. And more, the directory /dbs/ has not been created yet.

Please tell me every ideas you have because I've spent a lot of time trying to
solve it, but it was without any results. Received on Sun Oct 17 1999 - 04:45:32 CEST

Original text of this message