TNS Can't Resolve Service Name

From: Denny Dutcavich <dut_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 20:34:13 -0400

I just installed D2K (Rel 2.1) and Oracle 8.0.5 on my NT Wkrst (4.0 and SP4). The database comes up OK and I can access it with OEM, server manager and sql*plus. I tried to connect from forms builder and that's when I get the TNS message above. There is only one place for the tnsnames file (I made them all the same just in case forms uses one of the samples) but still can't get to the database from forms. I have done this before with forms 4.5 and O7 as a remote database without any problems. Thanks for any help... Received on Sun Oct 17 1999 - 02:34:13 CEST

Original text of this message