Re: Unload Tables

From: (wrong string) öström <lasse.sjostrom_at_telia.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 09:55:18 GMT

And if you have a large tabel, with mant columns, it is of great help to produce the selected columns via USER_TAB_COLUMNS. It is a little bit tricky to get the ' right. But it is worth it.

The columns in USER_TAB_COLUMNS are TABLE_NAME and COLUMN_NAME. i believe with a clever DECODE you could do the TO_CHAR-stuff too, use COLUMN_TYPE (I think that is the name, dont have Oracle here at my home computer).

Lars