Re: Oracle Win95 client talking ODBC to Oracle NT4 server

From: skippy <simon_at_rmg.as>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:44:47 +0200

Hello to all,

Today I tried to install Oracle 7.3.3 client on a WIN95 machine, so it could access the Oracle 7.3.3 server that sits on WinNT4 service pack 5.

I can access the server and the associated tables via SQL plus, but I cannot use the ORACLE TEST ODBC program to connect - it gives the follwoing error
(related to ODBC from what I can see).

SQLState: IM003
Native Error Code:160
Driver Message:Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1157
(Oracle 73)

Does anyway know a solution for this. We use an ODBC connection to connect to the data. Note, our CTL3D32.dll was overwritten by the Oracle client install on the WIN95 machine, but I found a copy on the web that corrected this problem.

I look forward to any advise.

Thanks,

Simon
mailto: simon_at_rmg.as