Best Reporting Tools???

From: VA Access <vaaccess_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:10:31 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] The company I'm working for uses an Oracle database for data storage.

[Quoted] Currently we are using some Cognos Impromptu reports and some Access reports. Nothing is standardized and nothing really works "perfectly".

I'd like some opinions on good analytical reporting software that can be used to create several types of reports. (IE: income statement reports, cost analysis, etc...) All of the data needed for these reports is stored in the Oracle database. We'd also like the ability, at some point, to allow access to these reports via a WAN/Intranet. We are going to look at Cognos' new Web based reporting system and see if Access 2000 might be a good choice as well. I'm hoping someone can give me some good insight.

Also, if anyone has any opinions (good or bad) regarding budgeting software packages, that would be helpful as well. We're currently looking at packages ranging in price from $5,000 - $50,000. I'd be most interested in hearing about companies being extra supportive or non-supportive of their product.

TIA!!! VA Access

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 15:10:31 CEST

Original text of this message