Re: Oracle interMedia as a Web Search Solution?

From: <mlecza_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:21:53 GMT

Here it is:

Execution Plan

   0 SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE (Cost=9 Card=1 Bytes=100)    1 0 SORT (ORDER BY) (Cost=9 Card=1 Bytes=100)

   2    1     TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'ITEM_SEARCH' (Cost=2 C
          ard=1 Bytes=100)

   3    2       BITMAP CONVERSION (TO ROWIDS)
   4    3         BITMAP OR
   5    4           BITMAP CONVERSION (FROM ROWIDS)
   6    5             SORT (ORDER BY)
   7    6               DOMAIN INDEX OF 'ITEM_HEADING' (Cost=1 Card=1)
   8    4           BITMAP CONVERSION (FROM ROWIDS)
   9    8             SORT (ORDER BY)
  10    9               DOMAIN INDEX OF 'ITEM_DESCR' (Cost=1 Card=1)

Thanx

In article <bWpN3.19810$k57.874384_at_news1.teleport.com>,   "Jim Kennedy" <Jim_Kennedy_at_MedicaLogic.com> wrote:
> Can you generate an execution plan? (in sqlplus set autotrace to on
> environment autotrace default=false on). That might tell us
something.
> Jim
> <mlecza_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:7u53jt$tu8
$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > Thanx for your reply.
> >
> > My query look like this:
> >
> > SELECT END_DATE, HEADING, ITEMNUMBER,BID, START_BID FROM item_search
> > WHERE contains(HEADING,'bean%',1) >0 or contains
(DESCRIPTION,'bean%',2)
> > >0 order by end_date, itemnumber
> >
> > The SORT_AREA_SIZE was set to 65536 - I doubled it and the
performance
> > is exactly the same.
> >
> > If you have any other suggestions - I'm listening.
> >
> > Thanx again!
> >

> > In article <3805ddc9.4021322_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>,
> > jkallman_at_us.oracle.com wrote:

Oracle's

> > > What are you ordering by? Is it by the SCORE operator or some
other
> > > column? What is your database parameter SORT_AREA_SIZE set to?
> > >
> > > If your interMedia Text query is performing very fast, and your
sort
> > > operation is slow, it may have nothing to do with interMedia Text.

> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Joel
> > >
> > > Joel R. Kallman
> > > Oracle Service Industries
> > > Columbus, OH http://govt.us.oracle.com
> > > jkallman_at_us.oracle.com http://www.oracle.com
> > >
> > > ----
> > > The statements and opinions expressed here are my own
> > > and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 14 1999 - 23:21:53 CEST

Original text of this message