Oracle interMedia as a Web Search Solution?

From: <mlecza_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:24:41 GMT

[Quoted] Has any one used Oracle interMedia as a search engine for a website?

[Quoted] We started playing around with it. I loaded up a table with 15,000 [Quoted] records and started messing with queries - It performed great until I [Quoted] started adding ORDER BY to the query.

My fear is that is will just not be fast enough to handle hundreds of [Quoted] thousands of items with the performace we are looking for.

I am having trouble finding any kind of reviews (other than Oracle's [Quoted] reviews) on the product.

FYI - We have Oracle 8i runing on a Sun Ultra 10 with 500MB RAM

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 19:24:41 CEST

Original text of this message