Re: Post 8.0.4 Installation Configuration

From: Marty Grinstead <MGrinstead_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:04:59 -0400

Steve,

The Enterprise Manager (OEM) product can be installed on the server, and on client machines. The repository is a set of tables that must reside in a database, the one on your server is fine. You should create a separate instance to house the repository, so if you need to bring your production instance down, you can keep OEM up and running. You can actually use OEM to bring you production database down during the night for backups, then have OEM bring the database up when the backup job is complete.

The main idea is to use OEM to manage databases (1 or many) on a single server, or many servers. You can run the OEM console from any machine on the network (assuming correct configuration) to manage your databases.

Marty