Re: Form parameters

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Oct 1999 01:26:47 GMT

>I am passing a parameter list (its name is 'students') and a 'default_where'
>parameter to another form.
>In the called form, how can I know the ID of the list and the parameters
>inside it. I guess I can use :
> PassedList_ID := get_param_list('Students');
>
>Which means I have to know that 'students' was the list passed to it. But
>what if I have two different forms passing parameterlists to this form, and
>I don't know which one called it. Isn't there a way whereby the called form
>intrinsically knows WHO called it and WHAT parameter list was passed to it?
>
>Thanks,
>Scott
>
>ps. GET_PARAMATER_ATTR () requires that I know the ID of the passed list, so
>again same issue

The name of the parameter list is known only to the calling program. The called program gets the values from its (local to it) parameters. What comes to mind is to add one more parameter to the list 'CALLED_BY', that is populated appropriately from each caller.

There is a :SYSTEM parameter that returns the form that called/opened a form, but it might depend on how it was opened. (It might be a GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY...) Dan Hekimian-WIlliams Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 03:26:47 CEST

Original text of this message