Developer Server Web Forms - Real World

From: Jim Dow <jim.dow_at_frequencymarketing.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 09:16:09 -0400

Does anyone have real world experience deploying Developer Forms (2000 or Developer 6.0) to the web. I understand the concept, how to do it, but have concerns before migrating all the "thick" (administration, management, etc) client/server forms in our application.

Let's assume it is an Intranet environment (no dial-up), T1 for remote sites, etc...

Let's assume the "minefields" are addressed already in terms of features to use/not to use in designing forms for Web deployments.

Are users happy with the end result?

What's the typical inital load time on the applet version?

Getting some client references from our Oracle rep. about this....but want to gather as much information as possible. Don't want to lose my job over an migration scheme to the web that heavily depends on this. We will be custom building all the Internet/web interfaces with dynamic html - Servlets, EJB, JSP (non-Oracle JSP since it's not there yet).

Thanks for any tips! Jim D.

--
Director, Internet Initiatives
Frequency Marketing, Inc.