Re: DEVELOPER 2000

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: 1999/10/08

peter yeh wrote:

> when ':system.record.status' is changed,will it fires any trigger?
> I'd like to use a text-item to show record-status
> such as when 'new' text-item will be showed 'NEW'
> when 'change'
> 'CHANGE'
> when 'query'
> 'QUERY'
>
> -

The other way around. A trigger fires as result of an event, causing record_status to change as well.
When querying the database, all records will have status QUERY, when navigating and altering existing
ones, the status is CHANGE. At the end of the list, NEW records appear automatically.
The Post-Query trigger is the place to check. This this piece of doc out:

"When you use a Post-Query trigger to SELECT non-base table values into control items, Oracle Forms marks each record as CHANGED, and so fires the When-Validate-Item trigger by default. You can avoid the execution of the When-Validate-Item trigger by explicitly setting the status of each record to QUERY_STATUS in the Post-Query trigger. To set record status programmatically, use SET_RECORD_PROPERTY."

Same for Block status, you will get the 'Do you want to commit' question, as you update the block

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
V&L Informatica BV                   Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500