WebDB roles problem.

From: Peter Svehla <svehla_at_auss.sop.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 10:56:21 +1000

Hi,

I'm trying to set up some security on a WebDB system we've developed, and am having a little trouble.

The Grant Manager seems pretty dodgey, any changes I make there get remembered (they appear again when I re-enter grant manager), but don't seem to get applied (changes don't have any effect).

Reports/charts can be granted to the role from build/administer, these are ok. Granting object priveleges to roles however, is a problem. If I grant the table I need to the user (in User Manager), it all works ok, but that would be a pain for 100's of users, and why I'm using roles in the first place.

If I grant to the role in SQL*Plus, it doesn't work either. If I grant to the user in SQL*Plus, it doesn't work. I make sure that the user can select from the table in SQL*Plus, but it still can't be seen by that user in WebDB (yes, I have tried re-starting Netscape, in order to log in again). So it looks as though there is something being done in the background to let WebDB see things.

Does anyone know what that is?

tia,
Peter. Received on Fri Oct 08 1999 - 02:56:21 CEST

Original text of this message