How can a record be passed to a form?

From: Scott Powers <scottp_at_netzero.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 04:46:54 -0400

[Quoted] Hi there,

I am working with 2 forms. The first form has a textbox which contains the user's name (inputted by the user).
[Quoted] Using that value, I want to invoke my second form that is to display all the fields of the record identified
[Quoted] by this username. I am trying to use Open_FORM('frm_employeedetail', :login.txt_inputemployeename). But
it doesn't work. How can I pass the :login.txt_inputemployeename to the form: 'frm_employeedetail' so that
[Quoted] it displays the details for this particular username?

Instead of passing :login_txt_inputemployeename, could I pass it a query: [Quoted] 'select ...' instead, so that the second form displays only the records that match the query criteria as passed to it by [Quoted] the first form?

Thanks much!
Scott Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 10:46:54 CEST

Original text of this message