SQL in Oracle

From: Åke Jennehag <ake.jennehag_at_sbk.uppsala.se>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 08:38:30 +0200

Hello!

[Quoted] I have some questions about SQL (Oracle).

  1. Is there a view that shows what rights a user( or a role) have? Ex:

select * from the_magic_view where USERNAME like ‘SCOTT’ ….

[Quoted] 2. What is the simplest way to delete a column from a table? Oracle don’t support:
 ALTER TABLE <TABLENAME> DROP COLUMN <COLUMNNAME>….

I saw a solution on a www page. It was something like this:

? update t1 set column_to_drop = NULL; rename t1 to t1_base; create view
t1 as select <specific columns> from t1_base;

? create table t2 as select <specific columns> from t1; drop table t1;
rename t2 to t1;

But I want to select all columns except one. (Select all form t1 but not column like ‘name’)

How do I do this?

3. Sometimes then I update tables I get a ORA 02289 error… (The table [Quoted] contains a field that is unique.)
What is that??

Please help me!

Tanks in advance.

//Åke Jennehag
GIS-Engineer
Uppsala Kommun
SWEDEN Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 08:38:30 CEST

Original text of this message