Epoch time to Oracle time...help needed

From: Jim West <Jim.West_at_mci.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 17:53:09 GMT

Howdy all,

  Ok, before I set off to write a PL/SQL function to do this, I thought I would ask to find out if there is either a built-in or if this wheel has already been invented.

  We have data that comes into our system. These records have a time value which is in Epoch time (a 32-bit value representing the number of seconds since some arbitrary date/time start).

  When displaying this value on an Oracle Forms 5.0 app, we need to see it as MM/DD/RRRR HH24:MI:SS.

  Does such a entity exist which converts Epoch time to Oracle time (or just a plain string) for display purposes?

  Thanx! Received on Mon Oct 04 1999 - 19:53:09 CEST

Original text of this message