Re: Drop tables at once

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 16:32:31 GMT

Ermina,
I wrote a long SQL/Plus script which would find the tables in a schema and produce a report
showing which tables have no constraints, one level of constraints, two levels, three...etc.

It is a simple report showing the table name and how many levels of parent constraints are on the table...
From this list one could prepare the proper drop or delete sequence. In our case, the code is bounded at 7 levels deep...that is all the more we needed at the time.

You are welcome to read the code and modify it for yourself...

Anyone may write me at RTProffitt "AT" Beckman "DOT" com (convert to regular email notation).

Robert Proffitt
Beckman Coulter
Brea, California

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 04 1999 - 18:32:31 CEST

Original text of this message