NT ODBC (v2.5) Procedure 32K call limit

From: Darran Potter <darran_at_warp9.co.ukNS>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 16:39:26 +0100

I have Oracle v7 + ODBC 2.5 (latest from Oracle) on NT4

I also have a simple procedure with no inputs/outputs - so no binding/fetching required etc.

I can only call the procedure around 32,700 times before it fails. Once failure occurs SQLError returns "" with sql state = "0000".

Initially I had an MFC dll calling a real procedure... when this started going wrong I knocked up a basic C .exe which connects to the local Oracle server, created a single statement then runs SQLExecuteDirect with the string "{CALL myemptyproc}"

After failure, re-connect doesnt fix it. You have to kill the .exe and re-start.

To me it looks like something in the Oracle ODBC dll hitting a 32K limit. Reloading the .exe and hence .dll cures it.

As Im not a supported Oracle client I cant even raise a bug on it... Unless there is URL on Oracle.com I havent found yet!

Also, it doesnt matter how the DSN is configured, local connect "2:" or tcp/ip to named db.. both fail Received on Mon Oct 04 1999 - 17:39:26 CEST

Original text of this message