Re: Can I mutiltask in a Win98 Client while running SQL queries?

From: Joe Sugden <jsugden_at_netmeg.no.spam.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 13:14:07 GMT

I am not sure how heavy the strains could be on the network. We are pretty small, w/ uder 50 client machines in transistion from a peer-to-peer to a client server situation. Our Oracle server is a seperate dual Xeon 500 w/ 1MB of cache and a gig of RAM and there are only two of us working with the oracle server in *any* way. I think the volume of requests it handles is moderate at best.
MSOffice is probably is on our desktops the most while running queries. Excel is often used with a plug-in to download data via modem, but that has not been running everytime.