New user of Oracle 8 on NT requires some advice

From: Mark Chaplin <mark.chaplin_at_emtek.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 07:59:06 +0100

Hi

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have begun working with an application which sits on top of an Oracle 8 database. The Platform is NT and it appears to be Oracle Enterprise Edition.

[Quoted] I have no experience with Oracle at this stage. Therefore, I would like to buy a book which will introduce me to Oracle 8 and get me started. I have a [Quoted] little experience with SQL so I am more interested in the features and utilities supplied with the Enterprise Edition which seem very comprehensive [Quoted] from all the items available from the Start menu..

Some of the things I want to do include:

  1. Determine what tables have been created by the product and how the database is structured.
  2. Learn how to backup the database for disaster recovery purposes.
  3. Write my own front end to the database to create views with filters.
  4. Automate some audit/logging features unless Version 8 provides this already.

Can anybody point me in the right direction whether books or websites.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Mark Received on Sun Oct 03 1999 - 08:59:06 CEST

Original text of this message