WebDB form to change password

From: Win Ker <Winker11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 02:45:07 GMT

I need to create a stored procedure to prompt a user in WebDB for a database password change. I've tried the following:

procedure change_pw (v_input1 IN varchar2, v_input2 IN varchar2)
IS
  begin

     v_user varchar2(30);
     select user into v_user from dual;
     if  v_imput1 = v_input2 THEN
        alter user v_user identified by v_input2;
     end if;

  end;

Neat idea, byt this comes back with PL/SQL errors...someone told me that I need to use a cursor & DBMS_SQL to do this...can someone correct my code and set me straight? I'm planning on attaching this to a WebDB form to prompt a user for new passwords.

Thanks!

winker11_at_hotmail.com Received on Sat Oct 02 1999 - 04:45:07 CEST

Original text of this message