Re: Compare sql and dynamic sql

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:33:11 -0700

[Quoted] If you change to using host variables in the insert statement then it could [Quoted] be faster since less CPU processing would occur on the server. (after the first statement). The I/O would be about the same in either case; but less [Quoted] CPU usage would allow things to scale better if that is a concern. insert into foo_1 values (:firstCol,:secondCol);

Jim