Reports: Generate or Use Developer?

From: Susanna <shedges_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:17:25 GMT

Hi Everyone,

We are currently in the analysis phase of a project to re-write a legacy system using Oracle Des/Dev 6 on NT. We are trying to decide whether or not to generate our reports using Designer, or develop them from scratch using Report Builder.

From my experiences with Des/Dev so far, the generation process takes a long time, but does not add much value. The wizard in Report Builder is just as useful, and the amount of customizing that needs to be done in Report Builder is very similar whether the report is generated or not.

What do the experienced Oracle developers out there think? Do you generate or just develop from scratch?

Susanna

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 01 1999 - 00:17:25 CEST

Original text of this message