connect problem

From: <utlot_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 18:03:58 GMT

Hi,
 I have got oracle 8 personal & form5 are on same machine,the os is win95.My problem is that using the default service sqlplus8 connects to the database but developer does not nor does sqlplus3.Therefore I have made a new service called oracle8 with protocol as tcp,  ,the host name is the name of the computer(it is a standalone system) but iam not sure about the port by default it has taken 1521.When i try to start listerner(database is already started) ie lsnrctl80.exe from dos prompt i get the following errors
 TNS-12545: connect failed because target host does not exist
 TNS-12560:TNS:protocol adapter error
 TNS-00515:connect failed because target host does not exist
 32-bit windows error :1004:unknown system error.  Please help.
 Thank you...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 30 1999 - 20:03:58 CEST

Original text of this message