Re: Forms 5 reusable component

From: <kaiserrj_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:00:35 GMT

There's a writeup on this on Metalink.

generally...

   Make a backup copy of the form.
   Get the calendar object
   Drag the Calendar Object into form.OBJECT GROUPS

      subclass it - see that the calendar blocks are created    Attach the calendar library (contains DATE_LOV package)

      to form.ATTACHED LIBRARIES
   Get and copy 'Date_Choosen' program unit to form.PROGRAM UNITS    Create a date field on the form.CANVASES.FORM_CANVAS    Get and copy calendar launch code to form.item.KEY_LISTVAL trigger    Run the form | select the field | [F9] | see the calendar.

  sometimes...

      Handle any oddities that appear at runtime when other
      form items get their canvas property set to the
      DATE_LOV_CANVAS. You have to go through items and reset
      their canvas property to NULL to get the form to work
      again, NOTE: this problem appears after you subclass the
      Calendar Object.
  optional
      Correct the spelling of DATE_CHOOSEN() so people won't
      laugh at your code thinking you don't know how to spell.
      Calls to it are made from
          DATE_CONTROL_BLOCK.OK_BUTTON.When_Button_Pressed
          DATE_BUTTON_BLOCK.When_Mouse_Doubleclick

good luck, Rich

In article
<4C4AD9914DD4BBBF.7F58769B00C60AF8.523C66C2648980F7_at_lp.airnews.net>,   "wozi" <wozi_at_dhc.net> wrote:
> I need help implementing the calender component.
> I like to use the scott.emp table to test this.
>
> Any suggestion/help would be appreciated.
>
> >>Wallis

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 30 1999 - 15:00:35 CEST

Original text of this message