Re: Does A Partial Table Extract Utility Exist

From: <lefty300_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:53:41 GMT

The original message should have contained the following: We are currently spooling the output of a sql query via sqlplus to extract 86K records from a table of 250K rows. The problem is that the query is taking 2 hours and 10 minutes to run. I need a faster way of getting the selected rows from the table. Sorry for the confusion.

In article <37F206C9.E2C4F117_at_Unforgettable.com>,   BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com wrote:
> In Oracle we call it a WHERE clause.
>
> lefty300_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know of an inexpensive unload utility that can unload a
> > subset of rows from a table? I used to work with DB2 on MVS and used
> > a nice utility called DSNTIAUL that was shipped with DB2. This
utility
> > could be setup to use SQL statements to identify the columns and
rows
> > you wanted, or just a table name to unload a complete table.
> > It also created the load control cards. Currently we are using
sqlplus
> > and spooling the output to a file. The table has about 250K rows and
has
> > a LONG column.
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 19:53:41 CEST

Original text of this message