Re: Conversion Forms 4.5 to 5.0

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:19:42 GMT

In article <7st10d$v52$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, <srosen_at_vis-group.com> wrote:
>I am new to Forms 5.0 and am having a problem converting a Forms 4.5 FMB
>to Forms 5.0. I am getting a compilation error for all of my triggers
>that contain a select sequence.nextval into :block.text_item from dual.
>I use these extensively in pre-insert triggers. The error is "Error 103
>at line 1, column 20 Encountered the symbol "]" when expecting one of
>the following .[_at_'". I remove this select statement from the triggers
>and they compile with no errors. I have even tried a cursor which also
>failed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note that Forms 4.5 uses Pl/sql version 1 while Forms 5 uses pl/sql version 2. You didn't post the text of your select statement, but I suspect you were using some punctuation in your select that was valid in version 1, but is not valid in version 2.

If it is more complicated than that, why don't you post the exact text of your select.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 18:19:42 CEST

Original text of this message