Re: Can I mutiltask in a Win98 Client while running SQL queries?

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 01:11:49 GMT

I am running client software on NT, 98 and 95 with a mix of machines with 64MB or less of ram and PII 333 on average. We are not having the problem you are describing. I would recommend you look at the network and or the server. Is it possible that your server is overworked? Is your network over utilized? What other types of software are you attempting to use? My workstations concurrently run Lotus Notes, MSOffice and Wordperfect8 with some machines adding in SAP and Peoplesoft. We have not had that problem!

Brian