Re: oracle application server (4.0.7) on NT

From: Michael King <wideangle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 23:38:53 GMT

This seems to be a really common problem - I see it on this newsgroup every couple of days.

    I had the same problem and talked to Oracle about it. The problem is that OAS 4.0.7 does not work with NT 4 SP4. If you go back to NT 4 SP3 it should work or you can go to OAS 4.0.8 and NT 4 SP 5.

    There is a patch that might work (it worked for me) but Oracle says that it may not be a complete solution for your problems...

ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/server/patchsets/internet/NT/oas40710/export/

    I tried this patch and my OAS is now working okay.

Good luck...

Qinhai Xia wrote