Printing problems on NT

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:02:47 -0400

Hi,

[Quoted] I use TEXT_IO in my Forms4.5 application to write a barcode-printer language code to a file which I then print using win_api.winexec and the command 'print /d: \\my_machine\my_printer my_file.txt'.

Unfortunately, it is possible for this print routing to be called before the printer has finished (or even started, if the printer is paused or busy) printing the previous job. I'm getting some corruption of the prints, which I think is being caused by overwriting the original print file.

Is this possible?

If so, how can I work around this? I don't want to end up with a million files one-per-job!

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request