Re: ORA-1041 Internal error HOSTDEF does not exist problem

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:07:10 -0700

The hostdef extension referred to is a structure which was added to the control
structure for the client/server communication.

It is accessed via a pointer in the original structure. When the communication between the client and the server goes awry, this can result in ORA-1041 and ORA-3113 errors.

The ORA-1041 is flagged when the POINTER to the EXTENSION structure for the HOST DEFinition (for the communication channel between the client and the server) has been nulled. This can occur when the connection gets lost 'for some
reason' and hence the procedure to investigate is the same as for ORA-3113. Ensure datatypes of variables specified in the PL/SQL program match the datatypes of data in the foreign datastore.

Note: This error can be caused by a character datatype in PL/SQL mismatched

      with a number datatype in the foreign datastore can cause this error.

"The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"

News Microsoft <fernando.alonso_at_oysconsultores.com> wrote in message news:7sck95$mrc$1_at_lola.ctv.es...
> Hi,
>

> I'm having the ORA-1041 Internal error HOSTDEF does not exist problem.
I'm