Ole Var_To_Obj error FRM-40922

From: <maschout_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:03:25 GMT

Hello,

Within my application i'm trying to implement an function where it's possible to directly invoke an array of records into an oleobject.

Therefore i'm using the function var_to_obj() in the following example (it's self-written based on example code):

declare

   cursor c1 is select * from table_x a
     order by nummer;
   TYPE mytable IS table of c1%Rowtype

      index by binary_integer;
   TableXYZ mytable;
   Tablevals OleVar;

   i binary_integer := 0;

   test oleobj;
begin

   open c1;
   loop

      i := i + 1;
      fetch c1 into tablexyz(i);
      exit when c1%NOTFOUND;

   end loop;
   close c1;

   Tablevals := to_variant(TableXYZ);

   test := var_to_obj(TableVals);

  • excel_range.Value(var_to_obj(TableVals), Tablevals); excel_range.Value(Test, Tablevals);

end;

The statement test := var_to_obj(TableVals); fails, it doen't return any value, needed in the function excel_range.Value().

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem (eventually with a simple example)?

Marcel Schouten

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 11:03:25 CEST

Original text of this message