Can I mutiltask in a Win98 Client while running SQL queries?

From: Joseph H Sugden III <JSugden_at_netmeg.no.spam.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:57:38 GMT

I'm set up to use a win98 client to run queries. Whenever I run a query through SQL* or Worksheet, Win98 becomes fairly unworkable--slow--and sometimes stuck, and the task manager says SQL* is not responding until the query finishes.

My system is PII-400 w/ 384MB ram, so ram or processor is probably not to blame. The work is really done server side anyway.

Has anyone had success multi-tasking in win95/98 while running queries and what was the setup? Switching to NT workstation is being considered, but I didn't want to go through the trouble if there is an easy fix. What about 98SE? Thanks

for direct reply remove ".no.spam"
jsugden_at_netmeg.no.spam.net Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 23:57:38 CEST

Original text of this message