Error ORA-06400 NETCMN:...please help me.

From: Geolffrey Mena <gmena_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:26:56 -0400

[Quoted] I have installed Oracle 8.04 in my server Novell 4.11. I did all step by step just like the book say (I'm novice with Oracle) I'm trying to change from MS SQL Server 6.5 to Oracle, but when I start the SVRMGR30 and I try to enter the password the system return me the following error:

ORA-06400 NETCMN: No default host string specified

In the begining I thought that I don't put the password well and I reinstaled Oracle again and in this ocassion I make sure that the password was fine up to now still the error is there.

Please help me, give me a glue about how take out this error.

Thanks in advanced for any suggestion.

Geolffrey. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 03:26:56 CEST

Original text of this message