Re: LOV for validation column.

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:55:08 GMT

In article <37e7868e.4770786_at_news.omroep.nl>, <user_at_vara.nl> wrote:
>When LOV for Validation is True, Oracle Forms compares the current
>value of the text item to the values in the first column displayed in
>the LOV whenever the validation event occurs.
>
>The question is how do you change the validation to any other column
>than the first column, i.e. the second column or third so that I can
>change the order of the lov's collumn's.

You cannot use LOV for Validation = True. Set it to false, and then write your own code in the When-Validate-Item trigger. Just look up the column you need using a standard SQL select cursor. If you want to get fancy, when the lookup returns no row found, use Show_LOV to display the LOV.

It takes a little coding, but I have used this method in a few places.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 17:55:08 CEST

Original text of this message