Net8 in Dev and Des 2k V6

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 03:56:18 GMT

Folks,

[Quoted] I just downloaded version of designer and developer v6 from technet. They were both loaded to a clean NT4.0 SP4 system with 64MB of RAM and no other processes running on it. When running setup, the operating system reports that "an internal error has occurred and one or more windows has been closed. Close all open applications and restart Windows". If I allow the install to complete, all software except the NET8 assistant and NET8 Easy Config Icons are available.

If I run N8SW.exe from the oracle_home\bin directory, the system works for a [Quoted] while than does nothing. The task manager reports the N8SW.EXE is running but no display is presented from NET8 easy config and no process appears on the task bar.

Manual configuration of NET8 does not seem to help either. I have NET8 working on other machines but not on this one. I have deleted all Oracle products and loaded a copy of Oracle8 Personal Edition and the NET8 works fine but when I add the Developer or Designer V6 products, NET8 no longer works.

Can any one suggest a fix? I have tried the Oracle Web site but to no avail.....

Thanks

Brian Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 05:56:18 CEST

Original text of this message