Storing Word files on DB

From: mgumbs <mgumbs_at_iclway.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 22:40:40 +0100

[Quoted] Hi All,

[Quoted] I have a question or two about storing files on the database. Is there a built-in procedure to say store a Ms Word file c:\temp\letter.doc [Quoted] in a field in a table. I know i can use an OLE container in Forms and store [Quoted] it that way but i'm just wondering if there are any alternative methods. And will it work in Oracle 7.x?

Also, can the reverse be done, pick out a word file from the database and say store it in c:\temp\letter.doc?

Any replies welcome, by email as well.

mgumbs_at_nospam.hotmail.com (remove the nospam).

Mark Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 23:40:40 CEST

Original text of this message