Dev1.6 WEB questions

From: Patrice BONNETTE <pbonnette_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 21:11:02 +0200

Hello,

We meet some difficulties migrating a dev200 application from client/server to web environment (dev1.6) :
-Our application calls some local MS-Word document.
If we try in a web architecture, MS-Word is started on the server ... not very useful for the users !!! Which synthax or procedure should we use to have the right behaviour ?
-If we use Dev1.6 with the appletviewer, is it possible to start directly
the applet using a navigator and typing a web adress ? ... if yes, which synthax in the web page adressed ? I just know to make work it starting the appletviewer.exe on the client with the adress in parameter.

Thanks if you can help me.

Patrice BONNETTE Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 21:11:02 CEST

Original text of this message