Re: HELP,stuck during Webdb installations!!!

From: Marion <kbotl_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:51:09 GMT

In article <7s2iqs$m7i$1_at_newsie.singa.pore.net>,   "Loh Kok Siong" <seanloh_at_pacific.net.sg> wrote:
> Hi folks
> Anyone can help me to solve my problem
>
> Problem:
> When I tried to install Webdb on a NT4 sever w/ SP3 and Oracle8i, the
> intallation program asked me to enter SYS password. However, it seem
that I
> cannot find the right password.
>
> Do U know where did I go wrong? What is the SYS password? When I first
> installed Oracle8i,I was told by the system that SYS password
> is:change_on_install.Even I tried that password also cannot.
>
> Second Question:
> Do I need to install Webdb in the same HOME with the Oracle8i?Or same
> but different LOCATION?
> From some document, it said install Webdb must be installed with
diffierent
> Home.
>
> Pls guide me!!!

I'm a newby myself, so these are just suggestions, not gospel:

re: Question 1: If the password "change_on_install" (or whatever your password is if you have changed it) doesn't work, try logging on as SYS from SQL*Plus before trying to install WebDB. Supposedly the window asking for the SYS password doesn't appear during WebDB installation if you do this (page 1-16 of documentation for 2.0). If the window asking for the SYS password does appear, and your normal password doesn't work, try using "oracle" as the password. Can't remember where I read that, but it worked for me.

Question 2: You have to install WebDB in a different home from the database. For example, I chose "WebDBHome" as the new home for WebDB installation. So in the 'Name' field I typed "WebDBHome" and in the 'Location' field, I typed "C:\Oracle\WebDBHOME" whereas for the database I had typed C:\Oracle\Ora8iHome

Good luck :)

--
Marion

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/