Re: Weird WebDB install problem

From: Marion <kbotl_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:26:17 GMT

If you are putting WebDB on the same machine as the database, try using "Oracle" for the SYS password. There was something to that affect mentioned in the documentation. I don't know why they would set it up that way, but it's worth a try.

Marion

In article <937810754.17353.0.pluto.d4ee4f4f_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Xander Burchartz" <xander_at_burchartz.demon.nl> wrote:
> hahaha, how do you want to do this on a LINUX machine?
> I won't make a joke about Belgian people ;)
>
> But: thanks for the information, because I have the same problem on a
> NT-machine, so I think I can use your solution...
>
> Xander
>
> Leo Van Nieuwenhuyse <leo.van.nieuwenhuyse_at_pandora.be> wrote in
message
> > try to add the name of the instance (SID) in the registry
> > under the key \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ORACLE add the entry
LOCAL
> > whit in its value the name of your instance.
> > This forces any Oracle login to log in on that instance if no
instance was
> > specified.
> > (You can test this out using sql-plus by entering SYS
CHANGE_ON_INSTALL
> but
> > no host string)
> >

> > Zbyszek Strzempa <max_at_uibk.ac.at> schreef in berichtnieuws
> > 37E51B57.4A9150D8_at_uibk.ac.at...
> > >

> > > hi !
> > >
> > > i'm just trying to install WebDb on Linux rh 5.2 +
> > > oracle EE 8.0.5.1.0.
> > > i have the data base instance running, i have created
> > > a db-user "webdb" but when i start the installer form webdb
> > > and get to point "enter user SYS password" i always
> > > get rejected, although the password is OK ! i have
> > > enabled auditing to to see if the installer process tries
> > > to connect somehow to the database but it doesn't, so
> > > how the hell does he know if the provided password is right
> > > or wrong ???
> > >
> > > i would appreciate any help.
> > >
> > > please reply to max_at_uibk.ac.at
> > >
> > > regards
> > > max

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 20:26:17 CEST

Original text of this message