Re: Newbie (very newbie) question

From: Joseph T <jthvedt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:58:22 GMT

Andres:

SQL*Plus works just fine for PL/SQL. Usually, you need both a semi-colon and a slash at the end; the semi-colon for PL/SQL, and the slash to tell SQL*Plus to run it. For example:

SQL> set serveroutput on
SQL> BEGIN
  2 dbms_output.put_line('test.');
  3 END;
  4 /
test.

SQL> If you're getting some specific error, post that, and somebody will surely answer. You'll probably get better results if you make your subject more specific.

Joseph

--
Joseph Thvedt
jthvedt_at_my-deja.com