Re: Pro*C compiler for 8i (8.1.5)

From: Jeff Brocious <jlbroci_at_ess-consultants.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:15:23 -0400

[Quoted] It was requested that I supply the link list we are trying to use. We are [Quoted] trying to use whatever the demo makefile creates. Not knowing much about [Quoted] the libraries themselves, we have to depend upon somebody telling us the [Quoted] proper order. For whatever reason, this doesn't appear to be part of the [Quoted] documentation. I don't have the exact list we last tried in front of me [Quoted] right now, but it is entirely gross. libsql8 and libcommon8 must be repeated 6 or 8 times each. I can't believe there are as many circular [Quoted] dependencies as this list implies. I thought the 7.3 link list was bad, but [Quoted] this 8i list we got from the makefile is 10 times as bad. I'm certain there [Quoted] are a few libraries we don't need, since we're not doing any of the OCI or [Quoted] threads stuff yet. We just want to find out the proper order you must put [Quoted] the basic libraries in to get something to compile statically.