Re: oracle ingres gateway

From: Michael Leo <mleo_at_cariboulake.com>
Date: 1999/09/16

[Quoted] At 01:10 AM 9/16/99 +0000, morella3253_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a seen a program recently which allows the program
>to connect to an ingres database and an oracle database.
>This is done without a gateway by linking a .sc program with
>the oracle equivalent program which is a .pc
>(using the proc utility).
>
>I do not know how to link the two programs. Please help.
>
>Morella.

This is extremely tricky. Depends on the platform, and it requires proper separation of the compilation modules.

There are people who say it cannot be done, but I have done it, and it CAN be done. It isn't easy because both mess around with signals.

I would suggest and easier alternative:

  Use either the OpenIngres OpenAPI and OCI, or both.

Cheers,

Michael Leo mleo_at_cariboulake.com Java, Oracle Caribou Lake Software http://www.cariboulake.com Ingres, C/C++, Minneapolis, Minnesota (612) 323-9713 sockets, fun

Java: Give it to Mikey, he hates everything! He likes it! Received on Thu Sep 16 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message