Re: Running SQL*Loader and other scripts on clients is frustrating

From: Rudi Demeulenaere <rdm_at_datafront.nospam.be>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:31:34 +0200

John Vernes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have an NT environement and have users who want to execute programs
> locally. The problem, which then occurs, is that all data is pumped over the
> network to the client and then backwards to the server, where it is
> processed.

I guess your server and client are both NT. Possible solutions:
- use a remote tool to emulate local access on your NT machine like PCanywhere or Remotely Possible.
- share a drive on the NT server, launch the script (easy with client tool like winat pointing at your server) on the server with 1>somefile, do a tail -f on somefile (which you can access from the client). "tail" is available under NT also (search the net).
- think about putting your Or server on unix (*had* to suggest it you know...). I am very happy to use Win* clients and Unix servers.

r u d i Received on Thu Sep 16 1999 - 22:31:34 CEST

Original text of this message