Re: Designer 2000 2.1.2 / Instability problems

From: Jacek Dobosz <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 21:37:48 +0200

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:26:28 GMT, "Michael" <michael.astrom_at_norrkoping.mail.telia.com> wrote:

>I experience "heavy" instability problems in the Designer 2000 2.1.2 on
>Windows NT sp4. There are many CDI-21600 Crashes when generating oracle
>forms and I'm not used to it, because I worked with Des2k 1.3.2 before and
>have generated (100%) > 1000 modules of various complexity levels that
>worked fine. But now when moving up in versions , the Des2k seems to crash
>very often when generating even simple forms. I've got some patches from
>Oracle support (october and april patch) but it still crasches. I've also
>tried to re-install all software on the computer again, so my conclusion is:
>Des2k 2.1.2 should not be used for "heavy" forms 100% generation. Am I
>wrong, or is anyone experience the same problems? How do we solve this
>problem?
>
>Michael Åström

IMO the stability of des2k 2.1.2 is at the same, typical for ORACLE Development Tools level. I don't see any difference to 1.3.2. We use it also in havy maner, generating many 100% generated modules using add-on packet Oracle Designer Headstart 2.1.2. If you look at des2k pacht directory at metalink you will see 77 patches for this suite, so try to keep your system up-to-date. Our current patch level of forms generator is 5.0.24.8.

BW.
The most of CDI-21600 errors we got was coused by inncorrect setup of generate option like missed directory in path or wrong connection string.

;-)

jacek
jdob_at_eunet.at   Received on Thu Sep 16 1999 - 21:37:48 CEST

Original text of this message