Re: default settings in sqlplus

From: F.Th.G. Heijmans <no_F.Th.G.Heijmans_at_inter.nl.net_spam>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:17:49 GMT

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:11:08 -0700, "Gary E. Grant" <ggrant_at_crl.com> wrote:

>modify the glogin.sql file to set the parameter.

Thanks for the quick response, but I know I can set the parameters in the glogin, or login. What I am interested in, is the the name of the parameter. The setting of the screen buffer, appearantly is no normal "set"-parameter. Or at least I can't find it.

If your linesize in your login file is longer than your screen buffer, strange things happen to your screen output. You can't scroll beyond the default 100 characters. I can change it in SqlPlus in options->environment->buffer width. But that is no default.

Maybe I am using the wrong approach, but scrolling in my window with nowrap for more than 100 characters is all I want.

Regards,

Frank